- Child Custody/Visitation: While it is ideal to craft a parenting plan outside of the courts and perhaps in mediation, contentious disputes do occur and require an experienced family law attorney to handle them.
- Child Support: A child has a right to support for their educational, physical, mental, and emotional health needs, and court involvement is mandatory, even if both parents agree either establishing or modifying an order for support.
- Order of Protection: The Illinois Domestic Violence Act provides for orders of protection for victims of abuse and domestic violence.
- Parentage / Paternity: The relationship between a parent and child is an important one protected by law, and an experienced family law attorney may be necessary to assist with establishing paternity when an unmarried couple has a child together.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements: Planning for what happens in the worst case scenario of divorce can help a couple avoid marital disputes and provide peace of mind. Drafting a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement can alleviate this stress.